Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Breath, Eyes, Memory


5 Stars

Reading this book was kind of like making a puzzle without ever seeing the picture. I felt like I was being given pieces to something, but I didn't quite know what to do with them. I even considered not finishing this book, since I worried that I might waste my time looking for answers or for a plot that wasn't there. Luckily I didn't give up. The answers did come, the story came together very beautifully, and it is now one of my favorites. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to add that to my list of books to pick up from the library, along with some others you've posted. I'm still trying to get through one I've had out for like 6 weeks... almost there, it's not a novel, so it's not one of those I'm compelled to finish in one sitting, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely know what you mean, I am the same way. Don't bother buying this one I will bring it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading this book on Saturday. Thanks for giving it to me! I loved it. Maybe it was because of your comment, but I was hooked from the start. What a beautiful, poetic, and sad story. I cried hardest at the end. It's definitely not one of those books when it's done that you wish for more; it was difficult to read in the aspect that it was so heart-wrenching. Well worth it though. Should be on someone's class syllabus, somewhere!

    ReplyDelete